More spiritual musings

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:22:02 -0000

As there seems to be a lull in events, I thought I'd make another foray into Animism, and seek advice from the masses.

Has anyone else tried actually wandering in the Spirit World? When we did a quick foray there, I was worried about quite a few things. We sorted them out to our own satisfaction, but here are a couple to consider, possibly for my education, possibly for yours...

  1. Are a Shaman's bound spirits affected by the same area modifiers as the Shaman? For instance, the -20 Dangerous modifier for being in Malia's bit of the Spirit World? We said no for Earth (Serdrosan) or Fire (Firshalla) spirits, but yes for a Healing Spirit. This means Shamans have an easier time in Dangerous areas (so long as they don't rely on Integrated spirits).
  2. Movement in the Spirit World is by Spirit World Travel. What if you have a higher movement ability, say a bound spirit? We augmented SWT with the spirit.
  3. Are ALL a Shaman's abilities affected by the Dangerous modifier? How about Tough, to allow a Final Action? How about Shamanic Escape? We said the lot.
  4. How do elemental spirits (like Earth Spirits, Fire Spirits, etc.) work in the Spirit World? Is there Earth for an Earth Spirit to inhabit? Or does it just 'become' a patch of earth, and perform as advertised anyway?

OK, those were the important ones.