Re: More spiritual musings

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:21:57 -0000

> > 1) Are a Shaman's bound spirits affected by the same area
modifiers
> > as the Shaman? For instance, the -20 Dangerous modifier for being
> > in Malia's bit of the Spirit World? We said no for Earth
> > (Serdrosan) or Fire (Firshalla) spirits, but yes for a Healing
> > Spirit.
>
> Are there grades between "Safe" and "Dangerous"? I think there
are,

Well, as I remember (books are at home, I'm at work), there's 'Safe +5', 'Nutral 0' 'Dangerous -10' and 'Alien World -20'. So 'Safe' should be rare.

> > 3) Are ALL a Shaman's abilities affected by the Dangerous
modifier?
> > How about Tough, to allow a Final Action? How about Shamanic
> > Escape?
> > We said the lot.
> >

> I think possibly only those that are being resisted by spirits/the
> Spirit World - Tough would be, but "Excellent Memory" to recall
what
> he'd been told about the spirit he's fighting wouldn't be -
Shamanic
> Escape probably should be - that's why those dangerous places are
so
> dangerous!

Actually, after a moment's thought I realised some would definitely be very strange if affected - like Large, or Beautiful :) "OK, you make it to the Spirit World. You've shrunk and got ugly."

Wulf