Re: More spiritual musings

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:33:08 -0000

> Well, as I remember (books are at home, I'm at work),

I'm working under the same limitation myself...

> there's 'Safe
> +5', 'Nutral 0' 'Dangerous -10' and 'Alien World -20'. So 'Safe'
> should be rare.

Indeed. Looks like there's room for a -5 and a -15 in there for "A bit dodgy" and "Very Dangerous" though....

> > > 3) Are ALL a Shaman's abilities affected by the Dangerous
> > > modifier?
>
> Actually, after a moment's thought I realised some would definitely
> be very strange if affected - like Large, or Beautiful :) "OK, you
> make it to the Spirit World. You've shrunk and got ugly."

Beautiful may not be as silly as that - RQ gave you a -10 CHA for dealings with other races - when trying to bargain with Malia to get her to call off her disease spirits, or to send them against your foes, your Beautiful is not likely to offer you that much of an advantage...