Re: Re: A look into Anaxial's Roster

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:06:10 +0300 (EET DST)

> You're obsessed by those cats, aren't you? The magical Lynx DeLuxe
> are Followers, and tougher than any Rottweiler.

I want the rules to be consistent and believable.

I noticed that the small hissy bobcat is equal to the Shadow Cat these days. Oh boy!

And apparently a hyena is as tough a fighter as a lion. Who writes up these stats?!?

> > Also having the Black Dragon destroy a city with fire is a bit of a
> > letdown. I wouldn't think of it as a fire dragon.
>
> Personally, I'm happy to have all dragons breathe fire. That's what
> dragons do. Technicolour dragons are too D&D for me, the 'colours'
> I'm just treating as indications of their spiritual leanings (black
> for darkness, green for earth, etc).
>
> > Also having the bladk dreamdragon breath poison is way too D&D. How
> > about having the black dreamdragons power be death, in stead of
> poison.
>
> How would you deal with this Death ability? A breath of deadly air?
> Sounds like poison to me...

It may look like a black breath, but it would be direct Deathrune power. (these are rather rare in my Glorantha too)

> > Why on earth is the wyverns stinger no longer poisonous? Was there
> some
> > reason for this, or did the author just decide to mess up previous
> > material for the heck of it?
>
> Hadn't noticed that one.
>
> Here's a funny one though, note that the drawing of the Limnade
> stayed, but the description didn't... It's on the Issaries website
> instead. Guess it was just too good a drawing to lose :)
>
> Wulf

Hadn't spotted that.

        -Adept

PS. Should have a biologist or some such write up the values for the critters. This is getting silly.