Re: Digest Number 328

From: richstella_at_...
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 08:53:14 EDT

In a message dated 28/10/00 10:58:03 GMT Daylight Time, hw-rules_at_egroups.com writes:

<< > And apparently a hyena is as tough a fighter as a lion. Who writes  up
> these stats?!?

 You got the book, check the credits. Trotsky, mainly. And the hyaena  is a much-maligned and misunderstood creature - don't mistake  individual cowardice for inability, lions run from hyaenas regularly,  you do NOT want to get between thos jaws! Lions just have a naturally  braver, more individual, style.

My local museum has stuffed examples of both. Having seen the size of the hyena I think the ratings are not unreasonable.

Richard Crawley