Re: Re: animists

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:42:06 +0000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 07:32:58 -0800, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:

>"This is the same as integrating a spirit ... but the spirit may be
>forced to integrate with a fetish." And integrated spirits (talents)
>may be increased.

After this reminder of the rules, I carefully reread the animist section, and found another slight puzzle:

In the section on Spirits from Outside the Tradition, p209, it says, in summary, a spirit completely defeated may be added to a Shaman's personal Tradition. But later, p215, Secondary Traditions, it says Shamans may belong to more than one Tradition. so... does a shaman have
a) one Tradition Knowledge ability for each 'organised' Tradition (Kolat, Serdrosa, Waha, whatever) PLUS a 'Personal Tradition' containing all the 'loose' spirits he's captured, b) one per organised tradition plus one each for all the loose spirits, or
c) just one big personal tradition, incorporating (or discorporating...) organised traditions and loose spirits?

Assuming 'a', which seems to be the intention, how is the personal tradition improved & added to? It looks like another Close Combat-like meta-skill, add a new spirit to it, and it automatically gets learned at the full value of the tradition, even if unrelated to other spirits known. Does anyone else use it like that? Is it a sort of Spirit World General Knowledge ability?

Wulf