Tornadoes

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:54:05 -0500

> This is an old thread by now, but last night a tornado crossed Bognor
Regis in southern England, threw mobile homes around, ripped off some roofs, injured 5 and killed one (although I'm not sure that death was due to the tornado, we had gale force winds over most of the country).

FWIW, the death wasn't due to the tornado. The gale force winds had far greater effects over the country as a whole.

I gather there have been another two tornadoes in the last year or two, another at Bognor and one at Bournemouth (both on the coast) - but they were just curiosities and caused no damage.

They're said to be a sign of global warning, which is one way of making the point that climate does change markedly over time.

In Glorantha, such climate changes would have magical causes. Global warming would be down to the Godlearners or maybe the work of the Icebreakers spreading further than intended. The Bognor tornadoes, of course, are the first warning effects of a Royal death curse.

Andrew