Re: Truesword Strike

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:05:11 -0000

> I was thinking of handling it this way:
> - Roll a simple contest between Truesword Strike and whatever the
> other is defending with (be it Magical defense or Close Combat or
Run
> very fast, any can be applicable).
> - I'm tossing up a few options:- On a Victory, the truesword hits
and
> the opponent is dead or On a Critical, the truesword hits and the
> other is dead or On a Complete Defeat, the truesword hits and the
> other is dead.
> - Keep in mind it's a strike, so it's one hit only.

> That's just my take on it, I'm keen to hear what other people think

I was going to say a one-shot kill by a Feat (except on a Complete Victory) is too powerful (usually only Secrets can do this), but now I think I see what you mean - it says 'Strike', as in Mystic Strike, is that your intention? A Feat that works as a Mystic Strike?

So it's either "DIE!"-whack-"Urg..." or else "DIE!"- whack-"Nope"-"Oh..." and lose some points from the Death Affinity. I like it...

Wulf