Re: animists

From: Folker Naumann <foggy1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:41:33 +0100

> From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
> After this reminder of the rules, I carefully reread the animist
> section, and found another slight puzzle:
>
> In the section on Spirits from Outside the Tradition, p209, it says,
> in summary, a spirit completely defeated may be added to a Shaman's
> personal Tradition. But later, p215, Secondary Traditions, it says
> Shamans may belong to more than one Tradition. so... does a shaman
> have
> a) one Tradition Knowledge ability for each 'organised' Tradition
> (Kolat, Serdrosa, Waha, whatever) PLUS a 'Personal Tradition'
> containing all the 'loose' spirits he's captured,
> b) one per organised tradition plus one each for all the loose
> spirits, or
> c) just one big personal tradition, incorporating (or
> discorporating...) organised traditions and loose spirits?

I think there is another option:
d) the shaman has one tradition knowledge per organised tradition and the loose spirits are added to his primary
tradition, cause that's the one he grew up with

IMO the personal tradtion is not a new ability, it's more like your primary tradition becomes more personal. So there is no meta-skill and you can handle every formerly loose spirit with your [primary tradition] knowledge.

Folker