Re: Re: animists

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:01:04 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Folker Naumann wrote:

> I think there is another option:
> d) the shaman has one tradition knowledge per organised tradition and the
> loose spirits are added to his primary
> tradition, cause that's the one he grew up with
>
> IMO the personal tradtion is not a new ability, it's more like your primary
> tradition becomes more personal. So there is no meta-skill and you can
> handle every formerly loose spirit with your [primary tradition] knowledge.

I'm pretty sure this is how the rules are supposed to work. The problem is that this means that a newly discovered spirit is 'dealt with' at the same level as a primary tradition one, for very little HP expenditure. This gives shaman exposed to exotic spirits a large edge over their more traditional fellows.

Whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on your feelings on whether shaman are weak compared to theists, etc.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net