Re: Re: Cataclysmic Feats (Sun's Arrows, Lead Oblivion, Mile High Club Bash etc).

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:22:18 -0800

> Instead of regular augment, I invoke the god and whammy, my sword is
> not just glowing with sinister black light a la Elric. The damn
> thing IS the deathrune, singing in my hand.
>
> Go for the big set up and miss my stroke -- Deathrune flees,
> disgusted with my lameness.
>
> OR hit, and the opponent is cut down like wheat before the feirce
> scythe of winter (or something like that)

Congratualtions, you've discovered the the Secret of Humakt - his Death secret is a Mystic Strike. Which means that to do what you describe, you need to have w2 in all three affinities, be a devotee and pay 3 HP to learn the secret.

> I imagine that a Feat performed by a DEVOTE is roughly equivalent to
> the kick-ass power of a Rune Spell.

Not at all - if a Devotee has 12 in an affinity, and an initiate has 12 in the same affinity, then they do exactly the same thing when they invoke the same feat. However, an initiate has a 'cap' on his affinities of 10w2 while a Devotee has no such restriction. (and no, Initiates cannot get a Secret).

Roderick