Re: Digest Number 332

From: Folker Naumann <foggy1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:17:24 +0100

> From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
> I'm pretty sure this is how the rules are supposed to work. The problem is
> that this means that a newly discovered spirit is 'dealt with' at the same
> level as a primary tradition one, for very little HP expenditure. This
> gives shaman exposed to exotic spirits a large edge over their more
> traditional fellows.

O.k. i see the point. It sounded best to me but i neither played a shaman nor had one in my group. One thing strengthens my opinion. Surely a shaman can easily increase his might at a low cost of HP with this method. It could make him stronger than
similar advanced theist etc., but they have also a great disadvantage. If you detach their fetishes, you strip them of their might. You're right to say that this can be done with socerors too, but it isnt that dangerous to get your new grimoire than to catch all spirits again.

bye

Folker