Re: Animists - Personal Traditions

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:59:52 -0800

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>
> > Hmm, Good question - If you look at the Kolating that Wesley
> recently
> > added to his site (www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley) you'll see the line
> > "Gormoth treats with the local vadrudi spirits and is a favourite
> of
> > Valind's children." - Which he has interprested as relationships
>
> Yes, I see that, but the book does definitely say spirits from
> outside the shaman's tradition get added to his 'Personal Tradition'.
> However, Wesley's writeup gives his character access to whole
> traditions of spirits, rather than individuals, so maybe that's the

Hey,

  My thoughts on the Vadrudi and the Valindi were not that they were new traditions. They are both spirits of the Kolating. Vadrudi are just really nasty violent wind spirits and Valindi are the cold wind spirits. The relationship IMO means that he has a special affinity with those spirits above and beyond his Tradition Knowledge.

> difference (but he should still have made them secondary traditions,
> not relationships, according to the rules). My spirit talker has a
> 'Tough' spirit, a 'Heal Injury' spirit and a 'Fleetfoot' spirit, just
> three individuals outside her Serdrosan and Firshalla Traditions - it
> would be hideously expensive to go on collecting spirits individually
> and having to improve their traditions separately (even if you reduce
> the cost to 1 HP per point).

Now, having read this on SEcondary traditions Gormoth should probably have one for Shades as he has integrated one and therefore reduced it to complete defeat. I am not sure what you would call that new tradition though and as Wulf asked, does it only include "Light Doom" spirits and other wierd spirits that Gormoth enslaves?

&#92;&#92;/esley
http://www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley