Random musings

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:49:40 +0100 (CET)

Hi there, I'm still in the process of adjusting my style of play to Hero Wars, and just as important, my players style of playing.

There are a couple of things that keep bothering me. For instance, why 14? Why is the basic resistance for stuff 14? Why not 15, or 12 or even better, 10? Could anyone give an educated guess?

Neither I nor my players understand the logic that if you describe your character as Resistant to Magic (or whatever) his default resistance is still better. It is a minor problem, but still strange. I've solved this by letting my players augment the basic resistance with their ability.

Another thing that bothers me is the wealth rating. Now this is supposed to reflect a lot more than just money. It is also supposed to reflect how much resources you can claim from your family and clan. So where do you draw the line between wealth and Relationship Family/Clan? Isn't this the same thing in a clan based society?

Wouldn't it be easier to use the relationship as a measure of how 'rich' you are? And if your to much of a burden to your clan, your relationship will suffer (as in the wealth rules). Being a steady source of wealth for your clan on the other hand, would no doubt make you a very popular guy.

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen