Re: Magic Weapons/Armour [was: Two Random Questions]

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 16:51:21 +0000

Alexandre Lanciani wrote:

> Two Random (and maybe Silly) Questions:
>
> 1) Magical weapons/armor. Do you give these items fixed bonuses/edges or do
> you have the player try for an enhancement every time he uses the item
> (effectively requiring an action to "power up!").

I've intended to work out the maximum expected augmentation for each ability TN and introduce a house rule that an augmenting ability can apply that amount of augmentation without dice rolls.

I already have a house rule that, at the referee's discretion, augmentations can be automatic (that is, not require an unrelated action).

Together, those two house rules can model classic magic weapons and armour quite well.