Re: Re: Two Random Questions

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 18:43:49 +0000

On Wed, 01 Nov 2000 17:04:52 -0000, "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...> wrote:

>Fixed, I think. otherwise you could end up with too many rolls before
>you start, or you penalise the character with the magical sword by
>robbing him of a chance to augment...

This is only vaguely remembered, but weren't the permanent Bladesharp swords manufactured in the Machine City the cause of much trouble in Glorantha's past? I was always of the opinion that such permanently effective magic was NOT a part of Glorantha, that it was intended that characters should have to activate their magic. This wouldn't include simply well-made items with a point or two of Edge/rank, but anything more should be activation only.

Wulf