Re: Re: Two Random Questions

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:05:43 -0600

Wulf Corbett wrote:
> This is only vaguely remembered, but weren't the permanent Bladesharp
> swords manufactured in the Machine City the cause of much trouble in
> Glorantha's past? I was always of the opinion that such permanently
> effective magic was NOT a part of Glorantha, that it was intended that
> characters should have to activate their magic.

I always thought that it was the mass production of things like the permanently-activated Bladesharp swords, rather than the swords themselves; one of the reasons that the City had to be destroyed was that such a capability was too dangerous to be allowed to exist. There really isn't any prohibition of permanently-activated magic items in Glorantha or in the RQ rules, AFAIK.

Guy Hoyle