Re: Augmentations/Mega Augmentations/Cataclysmic Feats

From: Erik <epweissengruber_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 01:56:03 -0000

Recent posts have helped me clear up my Hero Wars thinking

> The wording isn't clear, and it has been suggested that Initiates
should not
> have access to feats at all, but I believe it is going to be
clarified that
> Initiates *can* access feats, with an improv penalty.

So a mere initiate can invoke the god and reasonably expect a decent augmentation.

But the rules already provide modifiers for extending duration, distance etc.

So if mere initiates try a spectacular augmentation, they are likely to fail.

A devotee will, however, not have the improvisation penalty, and will of course have masteries in the requisite afinity.

So the difference could be between a blade that strikes a little more swifter than normal, and the Hero becoming a hurricane of death striking for hours on end during a battle.

I was thinking that I would have to have house rules to emphasize the might of Devotees, but the rules already contain all the necessecary rules for turning simple improvised feats into mythic magic.

Secrets are even harder to attain (3HP and 3 masteries I believe), and that requirement alone will make any use of the secret a fearsome thing.

Mystic strikes at the 3W level will do major damage.

Now, normal weapons will have an effect on this, as will magic weapons, so I would include the regular ^1 or ^3 modifier for the weapon in addition to the nasty feat.

> Mile High Club Bash. Snigger. Very MGF. ;-)

Damn Freudian slips