Re: Re: Two Random Questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:21:01 +1300

Wulf Corbett wrote:

>This is only vaguely remembered, but weren't the permanent Bladesharp
>swords manufactured in the Machine City the cause of much trouble in
>Glorantha's past?

They mass-produced such weapons (gloranthans can enchant permanently active enchantments according to the HW rules - cf the Enchant Sword with Sharpen Sword spell in the Army of Tomrrow's Grimoire). It was when they were on the verge of duplicating one-of-a-kind items that the shit hit the fan...

>I was always of the opinion that such permanently
>effective magic was NOT a part of Glorantha, that it was intended that
>characters should have to activate their magic. This wouldn't include
>simply well-made items with a point or two of Edge/rank, but anything
>more should be activation only.

But the bladesharped weapons did only have a point or two of Edge/rank in HW terms as they only had a bladesharp 3.

--Peter Metcalfe