Two Random Questions

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:33:55 +0000

> From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
>Subject: Two Random Questions
>
> Two Random (and maybe Silly) Questions:
>
>1) Magical weapons/armor. Do you give these items fixed bonuses/edges or do
>you have the player try for an enhancement every time he uses the item
>(effectively requiring an action to "power up!"). Maybe both: thus the
>golden griffin armor is a magical plate armor (e.g., rank 6) but to use its
>Griffin (or Gold) powers you have to roll its rating.

Either or both (as you wish). I'd suggest fixed bonuses for low power items and scores for high power ones as a rule of thumb.

>2) Embodied spirits. What happens to these spirits when the location where
>they're bound is destroyed? Say, what happens to a dryad when her tree is
>chopped down ("by axe, hatchet and saw")? Does she vanish? Is she free to
>roam the mortal plane? Or is she sucked in the spirit plane (so that in that
>plane you can find normally embodied spirits)?
>
> As usually, many thanks in advance for the answers.

I think this is covered in AR. They die, but might return to the location in time (well ... a new version is born). Some are so seasonal that they die every year and are born afresh each spring.

Thom