Re: Resisting Magic

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 12:37:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Michael Schwartz wrote:

> Graham Robinson wrote:
>
> >After one session with magic being lobbed about, most of my
> >players spent some hero points on a "resist magic" skill. I
> >pointed out that it would start lower than the default. They
> >said "yes, but we can increase it soon."
>
> Except heroes can resist magic with any suitable affinity, spirit might,
> grimoire or refute ability they possess. If it makes sense to you, the
> gamemaster, it can be used.

Yep, and we use such when appropriate - but the general "resist magic" is a very useful meta-ability, for when you don't have a suitable ability. Cruel GMs may insist on an improvisational penalty to compensate for its broad appeal.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net