Re: Progressive Devotion

From: steven mathers <stevenmathers_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:26:07 -0000

Ive been doing something similar to this in a game I started. The characters have all started as adolescents, and they will pass through their adulthood initiations and then religious initiations, gaining skills as they go. There really isnt a specific difference between an initiate and devotee that you can put your finger on. Its not a rank like captain or major. So my players will become initiates, and from then on they will have to _act_ devoted to be recognized by others as a devotee. In other words they will have to roleplay their obsession with a particular deity, and get their skill levels up to generaly high levels that are recognized as sufficient for others to say, hey he must be a devotee...