Subject: Re: Augmentations/Mega Augmentations/Cataclysmic Feats

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 11:28:32 +0000

> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
>A mystic strike is somewhat like a hero quest challenge.

That reminds me. I'm writing a mini-heroquest at the moment. One thing that confuses me id the heroquest challenge. What forms can it take?

Must it always be a contest for wagered abilities? The one example appears non-standard in that is a contest where only one partner wagers an ability.

Are other non-standard heroquest challenges possible?

e.g.,

The climax of the heroquest I'm writing involves two extended contests (in order). Each participant fights individually against an evil spirit until they lose or overcome both. Losing either contest gives the individual a flaw. Winning gives them a new ability (or adds to an existing one).

Is that OK?

Thom