Re: Subject: Re: Augmentations/Mega Augmentations/Cataclysmic Feats

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:44:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Thom Baguley wrote:

> The climax of the heroquest I'm writing involves two extended contests (in
> order). Each participant fights individually against an evil spirit until
> they lose or overcome both. Losing either contest gives the individual a
> flaw. Winning gives them a new ability (or adds to an existing one).

Its not quite within the letter of the rules, but would appear to be within the spirit. Basically, a heroquest should climax with a decision and a challenge which will fundamentally change the quester for good or ill. Gaining a flaw would be one way of doing so, providing it was a suitable flaw. The 'loss' is suppossed to represent the character losing part of himself. Flaws like "sensitive to light" "ghastly appearance" "scares animals" or whatever certainly represent this. Not sure about things like "hated by trolls" though.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net