Re: Re: Random musings

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 12:48:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Wulf Corbett wrote:
> >or undead resisting Humakti feats (unless they
> > have specific abilities to resist those things).
>
> I would have said undead, by their very nature, are already
> reinforced to resist Death. They might even be BETTER at resisting
> than normal mortals.

But Humakt has specific powers against the undead, that are additional to his 'basic' death abilities. I'd still use the default 14 resistance to magic, but that's because I want to make things a little more difficult for the players. Part of the problem is the rule books give just about everyone a defensive skill of 12 or so with melee weapons. (Even Chalana Arroy devotees get 'Spear and Shield' at 13 in the rule book. Heaven help them if they actually use it though...) Whereas, most NPCs will have few if any abilities to defend against magic.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net