Subject: Re: Random musings

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:01:42 +0000

> From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>Trollkin have a vulnerability to light that would act as a handicap
>here anyway.

Yes, though figuring in such vulnerabilities might be harder than just using 6 resistance.

>>or undead resisting Humakti feats (unless they
>> have specific abilities to resist those things).
>
>I would have said undead, by their very nature, are already
>reinforced to resist Death. They might even be BETTER at resisting
>than normal mortals.
>
>Wulf

That doesn't make sense at all, so i assume you misunderstood me. If a Humakti used an anti-undead feat like "Kill Undead Thing" I'd use specific resistance if they had it and 6 if not.

I'd qualify this by saying that I'd almost always use an ability in place of the default (except where creatures were designed to lack resistance). Many undead (and other creatures) seem to have resist magic built in.

Also, what about augmented actions. Presumably they use normal resistance no matter what. Otherwise a trollkin with CC of 7 would have resistance 14 against a fireblades sword but only 7 against a mundane one.

My preference is to use best available resistance and then decide whether to use 6 or 14 depending on circumstances. 6 when a creature seems designed to lack resistance to a certain kind of feat and 14 when it seems like they should have some resistance.

Thom