Subject: Re: Random musings

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 11:31:14 -0000

> >>or undead resisting Humakti feats (unless they
> >> have specific abilities to resist those things).
> >
> >I would have said undead, by their very nature, are already
> >reinforced to resist Death. They might even be BETTER at resisting
> >than normal mortals.

> That doesn't make sense at all, so i assume you misunderstood me.
If a
> Humakti used an anti-undead feat like "Kill Undead Thing" I'd use
specific
> resistance if they had it and 6 if not.

Well, I'd say a specific resistance if present or 14 if not. It depends on your definition of the feat, I say it allows the Humakti to defeat the undead as if they were normal beings (they can't fight below 0 AP, can be Coup de Gras, etc).

> Also, what about augmented actions. Presumably they use normal
resistance
> no matter what. Otherwise a trollkin with CC of 7 would have
resistance 14
> against a fireblades sword but only 7 against a mundane one.

No, I agree an augmented melee attack is not a magical one, it's resisted as a physical action. However, if you allow a magical augment to a magical attack, that would be resisted as magic.

Wulf