Re: Re: HeroQuest station difficulty

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:07:47 +0000

Wulf Corbett wrote:
> I always assumed the difficulty was up to the Narrator,
> make it as difficult as you perceive the reward to be worth. Keep
> piling on the Trolls until he's had enough...

The old 'Narrator decides', an answer at least two of us here feel is sometimes unsatisfactory. Yes, I can wing it.

But, what is the point of having a detailed system for computing carryover to determine the over all victory level, if the contest difficulty is left floating? You might as well say 'Narrator decides' for the over all victory level. The existence of the carryover rules suggests the author had something more explicit in mind. Perhaps it was 'edited'.