Re: Digest Number 339

From: Steven White <fringe_worthy_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 18:28:40 -0500

> Message: 22
> Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 20:06:59 -0000
> From: jualra_at_...
>Subject: Re: HeroQuest station difficulty
>
> But I still don't understand how Rurik is supposed to win the quest
> challenge against 15w3 with 10w2 or whatever his Boast is? In the
> example, he doesn't use any of his ritual bonuses to augment the
> skill...

It's the player character skill known as:

        I bludgeon it to death with a heropoint!*

Spare Heropoints are good for players to use. In a sense, they can serve as a one use, non-renewable, fetish of some kind. Of course, in this case, it does lead the game master trying to figure out the result of a crit vs crit contest result.

Of course, in a player mook versus Harrek contest, if the mook has 5 HP and says, "I spend my 5 hp to win!", nothing prevents your game master from replying:

Harrek's first blow takes your legs off at the knee. This is a good thing because now you're too short for his back swing to do any more then
give you a haircut. Congratulations, surviving is victory... Shorty. (And in this case, Harrek is going from A -> C. You're just a short B.)

Steven White