Subject: Re: Random musings

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 02:05:01 -0000

Hmmm. I have found that this does not work in practice (though it sounded nice in theory when I thought of it in January) -- it created a simple, single ability which can be used to resist any sort of unwelcome magic. With it being very expenstive to raise magical affinities, such a single *ability* would become very, very powerful in short order.

I switched back after I saw what it was doing.

And I think that using a single thing to resist everything (or many, many things) is somewhat... well... its boring. I'd rather have players thinking about how to resist the incoming magic and being *interesting* rather than 'oh, I'll resist with my 14w2 Worship Storm Pantheon...

My two koku.

Jeff