Re: Feroda

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 02:48:54 -0000

Feroda is a strict reprint of one of my least favorite RQ scenarios.

One of the caveats with the 'translation program' that all the volunteers had to work with was that we were not allowed to change things -- something that is a problem when you deal with some of the old chestnuts that were translated.

I know I'd loved to have re-written chunks of Rainbow Mounds when I did it, you betcha.

This is the scenario as written in Big Rubble, IIRC. And yes, it did need a lot more detail. But it was a product of an earlier time. IT was written in the early 80's

> I thought the pictures were charming.
> But not much about the PC's learning to relate to the river,
learning
> about water mythology.

I loved the pictures -- I would lvoe to know who did them as I might have some work for them. If you want to relate to the river, I suggest you pick up a copy of Sun Dome County or River of Cradles which have excellent overviews of the Zola Fel ecology both magical, mythical and historical.

They were written 15 years later.

And yes, some of this information is being translated by *volunteers*.

> > Next question refers to the Temple of Feroda, recently posted on
> the
> > Glorantha site. It seems to me that some of the mechanics are
> too 'definded'.
> > Items lending fixed amount of APs, specific augmentations, that
> sort of
> > thing. I am not complaining but seek clarification; is this too
> defined for
> > the HW style, or is it just the style of this particular HW
author?

Its for that author, I think. But if you're a starting narrator, such details can be very helpful. My take was somewhat different when I wrote Sheepless Nights and Chasing Kites. But again, it was my take on it.

I'm hoping to see a set of scenario seeds 'a-la Pendragon' on the website.

Hope this helps,

Jeff