Further musings on Anaxial's Roster

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:44:50 +0200 (EET)

My latest baffle is this.

How come the Magisaur are suddenly so puny.

The RQ magisaur (even the smallest and smartest one) had a raw POW of way over 20 on the average.

The medium one had over 30, and the biggest and dumbest ones had a hill shattering 40+.

They had their hides full of enchantments (a silly mechanic, but shows how magical they are), and they were very strange, powerful and scary.

And now I see we have lizard's with

Initiate(!) of god / traditional knowledge / read grimoire 18

What happened to them... let me guess, a huge meteor struck and they are all dying out?

My guess is that Magisauri were dragonewts that got too entangled with dragon magic. They should be powerful and scary, not the weedy things they seem to be now.

Another thing... the magisaur are said to be cold blooded. How can a cold blooded dinosaur survive the DP winters? How can a warmblooded dinosaur do it?

My guess is that the harsh winters shown in KoDP are what is experienced in the highlands of DP, and in the lowlands the winter temperature howers around 0 C. At least the swamps should stay above freezing. So we can have cranky dinosaurs in the winter mists for the unwary traveller.

I'd still like to hear from the author why the Shadow Cat's have become ordinary bobcats, and why the normal dog's seem to have beefed up so much.

        -Adept

PS. I love the wind rams! What a cool idea! The Vecor are a nice touch too... though I'd like to know how big and strong they are, and what is the upper range of their abilities. The Full Moon Corps are basically Vecor's, aren't they.