Re: Further musings on Anaxial's Roster

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:43:45 +1300

At 16:44 7/11/00 +0200, you wrote:

>The RQ magisaur (even the smallest and smartest one) had a raw POW of
>way over 20 on the average.

>The medium one had over 30, and the biggest and dumbest ones had a hill
>shattering 40+.

>They had their hides full of enchantments (a silly mechanic, but shows
>how magical they are), and they were very strange, powerful and scary.

>And now I see we have lizard's with

>Initiate(!) of god / traditional knowledge / read grimoire 18

Is there some reason you didn't see:

         "These larger magisaurs are more magically potent than their
         smaller relatives, but are less intelligent so that the largest
         are barely smarter than beasts".

I would just add the size of the slow-witted flaw to their magical ability.

>My guess is that Magisauri were dragonewts that got too entangled with
>dragon magic.

No, they are not. They are scouts whose eggs were damaged, making them unable to progress further on the draconic way.

>Another thing... the magisaur are said to be cold blooded. How can a
>cold blooded dinosaur survive the DP winters? How can a warmblooded
>dinosaur do it?

Hibernation.

--Peter Metcalfe