Re: Sacrifice (was: Rurik the Heroquester)

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 03:03:06 -0000

She acts to preserve life. She probably apprecaiates healing done, effegies of limbs healed and symbols of diseases beaten. At least, that's what Askepolous (SP!) was offered at his temple on Diros.

In KODP and in HW she's not too fond of having things *killed* to honour her. She became a lightbringer to beat Death afterall.

And Cattle are pretty common. I'd give a +2 for each PERMANENT wealth sacrificed by the celebrant though. I'd think that the gods are more pleased by the poor woman's last penny than the rich man's tithe.

Jeff