Re: Fireblade

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:19:08 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, James Turner wrote:

> Talking about Fireblade.......
> Say someone has the abilities cc 15w3 and fire magic 17.
>
> Some people are saying that creating a sword of fire from the fireblade feat
> would mean you attack using your fire ability of 17.
> So this combat monster has now armed himself with a flaming magical sword
> and he becomes rubbish at combat????
> Ordinarily this guy could beat people senseless with any old object.

I would never make this ruling. Your talking about a sword of fire conjured out of thin air, right? At tops, I would rule that this would mean an small improvisation modifier on his Close Combat (a sword of fire is bound to have different handling). How powerful the sword would be, on the other hand, would be based on his Fire affinity (If he can't give it more than a 3 edge, he might as well use his old bronze poker).

If he uses his Fireblade feat to make a sword burn, the edge from the feat would be in addition to the weapon rank (3+ whatever he manages to give it with the feat).

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen