stacking rituals

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:05:42 +0000

> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
>> What I'm really unsure about is whether rituals can be stacked. That is,
>> can Rurik do the Arming _and_ some other Orlanthi ritual (possibly one
>> directly related to the quest) on top of that?
>
>I've always assumed so. And I've been a little nervous of the option
>of players creating new rituals for that reason.

I assume they can, but that rituals are limited by pragmatic factors

time constraints
availability of appropriate locations, holy days etc. scope of ritual
numbers of participants

For example, someone being Heler in the "Arming of Orlanth" couldn't also take on the role of Urox in a second ritual for the same quest. Holy days might not be long enough to enact several rituals and the main rites. Communities might spare a day for one ritual, but not two days out from farming etc. Once your preparations have started I don't think you get down time, so dashing from the holy hill to the sacred grove, changing costume and so on might be tricky.

Thom