Re: Rurik the Heroquester

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 13:10:38 -0000

> Can't remember exactly, but wasn't the suggestion that each
> community could separately support a DIFFERENT SECTION of the HQ?

That's as I recall it, was it here or in one of the Sessions at Convulsions? However it makes sense to me with rituals too. If the participants of the ritual are trying to build up an identification with the original participants and/or specific roles then the same people taking part in a second ritual will probably weaken that link (even if they are playing the same role... How can you be "Elmal who guards the stead in Orlanth's absence" if you are also "Elmal who encounters Orlanth in the wilds" at the same time...

There is, obviously a potential for abuse, if you allow your HQer to build up a lot of relationships which can all be used at once (which might not be the case. Your Hero may have, at separate times made friends with Aldryami and Uz, but getting both groups to support the same quest may be tricky...) - two thoughts

  1. This is why questors like Ethilrist are so powerful. Each company of the Black Horse Troop performs a different ritual role.
  2. There may be some sort of "Mythic Blowback" - If one Ritual fails the effects are felt throughout all the participants of all the rituals...