Re: Re: Salmon Jump

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:01:18 -0600

On 8 Nov 2000, at 19:02, Markus Battarbee wrote:

> Well, whatever you say. I just have the hunch that I once read about
> the Salmon Jump in some text concerning RQ heroquesting - a hero could
> invoke something he learnt on a heroquest, and the effect of the Salmon
> Jump was to swim fast and jump straight out of the water and up a
> waterfall. Like what fish do when they swim up rivers to get to their
> mating grounds...

That was some kind of special heroquest that was supposed to bring the salmon back to the river they had disappeared from. There's something like that in King of Dragon Pass.

The Salmon Leap in the Irish "Cattle Raid of Cooley" saga is a compat technique, where the hero leaps high in the air like a salmon, so he can attack the opponent behind his shield.

Guy

Guy