Re: Using & Abusing Feats

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 21:09:40 -0000

>So, would you have a problem with them
>improvising another feat, "Blade of Flame"?

None whatsoever. The difference between using a feat at an improv modifier because it's not quite right, and improvising a new feat that is spot on, is grey indeed.

In response to James Turner's valid point about "Blade of Flame" using "Fire" ability, as against CC: If they don't have "Using Blade of Flame" as one of their CC combat styles, though, then they're going to be at -3, and I would probably tell the player that their "Blade of Flame" feat has to be an edge rather than a bonus, with a base weapon rank of 0. Sound fair? We're all learning here.

Phil.