Re: Rurik the Heroquester

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 22:24:40 -0000

> The answer to this is that in a rules sense you are right but in an
> in game/story sense there are limits on the number of community. If
> you split your relationship with the clan into too many
relationships
> with component parts of the clan then you will convince those close
> to you but the rest of the clan will say "who cares about supporting
> him, he's really in with the x bloodline and ignores us unless he
> wants something - all take and no give".

Also, each community only suports one *state* of the quest. Any benefits do not accrue until they get to that station. And, of course, coordinating all these rituals could be quite difficult.

Only one group is allowed to contribute to the overall event at the full rate. That's why you have your fanatical friends contribute to the most dangerous part (to our bravest, we give the ritual of the bridge opener...)

> Yes, it was something like that - but they still do it through a
> ritual. My memory was that the Humakti warband could, say,
> specifically support your close combat/sword throughout the HQ.

Yep. That is what will be happening in to-be-published material.

I Think that the muliple community rules are on the faq/errata. If not, they should be.

Jeff