Augmentation

From: Phil Hibbs <phil_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:08:43 -0000

Lets say my Orlanthi has a "Combat" affinity of 20. I can probably manage a augmentation bonus of +2 without too much difficulty.

Lets say he uses the bonus to help out a friend who's in a scrap.

If the friend has CC of 5W, and his opponent has the same, then the +2 is quite useful.

If the friend is a tribal champion with CC 5W2, and his opponent is also a tribal champion with a CC of 5W2, then that +2 is pretty much just as good to him. However, my character's magic is puny by comparison, and my character shouldn't really be able to do anything to tip the balance in this high-stakes fight.

Suggestion: The target ability increases the resistance by 5 per mastery in the ability over the masteries in the ability used to augment.

So, in the tribal champions fight above, a bonus of +2 has a resistance of 20, not 10. If the affinity were 1W, the resistance would only be 15, which becomes possible, but risky. Probably better to try for a +1 at resistance 10.

Thoughts?

Phil.