More Community Support

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:19:42 +0100

I've been thinking some more about the possibility of a linear bonus. It might work if used carefully.

Say for instance that 1 extraordinary supporter = 2 total = 8 ordinary = +1. What is needed then is a restriction in role-playing terms. One could state that it is very unlikely for someone outside the quester's closest circle of family and friends to give extraordinary support, and likewise that total support from anyone outside the clan is extremely rare. That would keep the numbers within reason, I think. Even for a quest that benefits a larger number of people, it's a matter of logistics: getting all those people worked up into the emotional frenzy needed for the higher levels of support is very difficult. Besides, even if you're doing a quest for the benefit of a smaller group, you might find it hard work rounding up every single member to attend the ceremony. Getting the proverbial 85% to show up would probably be regarded as a very good turnout.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg