Re: thunderstones

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:08:06 -0000

> Look up delayed action spells under the advance magic section.
Power up the
> stone at your leisure perhaps with some ritual enhancement and set
it to go
> off on impact with an enemy.
> Hey presto a one use magic item that dose not nessaceraly need a
hero point.

Maybe I've been confused by the feat name of "enchant thunderstone." I've assumed that this can only be used under the rules for enchanting things. On the other hand, if the feat was called "create thunderstone" I'd assume you could use it as people have described: either power up a stone you have at hand, or create a delayed effect. In fact, were I actually running a game, I'd be inclined just to play it that way. However, as written, it is "enchant" not "create".

Am I being overly bound by semantics here? If you can use enchant thunderstone as an on-the-fly feat, could you similarly use "enchant <metal>" feats to generically magic up weapons, armor, or whatever, on the fly?

--Bryan