Re: thunderstones and woad questions.

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:13:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Bryan Thexton wrote:

> I've been buying the HW books in a non-intuitive order (i.e., bought
> the one with all the rules in it last). I thought that eventually I
> would understand the mechanics of the enchant thunderstone and armor
> of woad feats, but I don't.

I've recently have had to tackle the same problem since one of my players wanted to play an Hedkoranth cultist. This is how we play thunderstones:

First of all a there are enchanted thunderstones and there are ordinary thunderstones. Enchanted stones have unusual abilities (Like Cornard Deathdealer's Little Weighty). These stones are not the norm. A normal Hedkorantha cultist in my campaign carries several pieces of flint that can be imbued with power during combat.

To imbue his stone with the power of Thunder the cultist augments his Throw skill with the Hurl Thunderstone feat (or his sling skill with the Thundersling feat). For the duration of the contest any piece of flint becomes a thunderstone if it is thrown by the cultist. On top of this he can augment with Aid Throw with wind, Far Throw (uses spell range if he manages to overcome D+X, where X is the difficulty of the range).

The advantage of doing it this way is that you don't have to track the number of thunderstones you have. No more action points = no more stones. Enchanted thunderstones on the other hand are counted (making the secret Return Stone important). They can give the caster additional augmentation (or perhaps something competely different).

Just a suggestion.

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen