Multiple Affinities

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:56:28 -0000

I was wondering what happens if a player initiates into two gods that have the same affinity, but use it in different ways - say, for example Hedkoranth and Babeester Gor. Both have a Combat Affinity, but whan is to do with throwing bits of exploding rock about, and the other is to do ith wielding Axes and looking scary. Would such a character have a single combat affinity, or one for each cult? If it's one for each cult, you have to decide whether any improvised feat is coming from the Hedkoranth affinity of the Babs Gor one.

Would this change if the character was Devoted to one of the Cults (A Hedkoranth Devotee who is raped and initiates to Babs Gor to gain her revenge, for instance). In this case the character will have feats of one god, and can improvise those of the other. They can also spend HP to cement new feats from the "devoted" God. If they have a single Affinity, what (other than the GM saying "NO") is there to stop them from improvising the "Initiate Cult's" feats and then cementing them. The rules would seem to allow this (unless I've missed/forgotten something) but it doesn't seem 'Right' to me.