Re: Multiple Affinities

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:17:17 +0000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:56:28 -0000, "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...> wrote:

>I was wondering what happens if a player initiates into two gods that
>have the same affinity, but use it in different ways - say, for
>example Hedkoranth and Babeester Gor. Both have a Combat Affinity,
>but whan is to do with throwing bits of exploding rock about, and the
>other is to do ith wielding Axes and looking scary.

This is somewhat dependant on how you treat Improvising Feats. Each temple teaches how THEIR deity lived & performed various feats, so the two affinities are totally separate in terms of how they are taught, unless both deities did the same thing at some time, or even worked together (unlikely in this example!).

Now, if you allow free Improvisation on anything within the boundaries of an Affinity, limited only by the affinity name, then you can use any Combat feat with either affinity. If you limit it to 'known' feats, then your character must provide a rationale for any feat not in his/her deity's list, and it must be one that that deity might have performed. So, unlikely that Babs & Hedkoranth got up to the same combat tricks. Somewhere in the middle, allowing Improvisation around known feats, you can limit either deity to feats that that deity MIGHT have performed.

Wulf