Re: Multiple Affinities

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:16:04 -0000

The game is rough enough as it is -- especially with the affinties being so expensive to raise. I find that I'm content to just leave combat be combat. And wind be wind. And movement be movement. In the end, they all come from the same place.

It makes my life as a narrator simpler and it also means that there is a synergy between friendly cults rather than struggle and conflict.

Struggle over similar powers is one of the halmarks of opposing Gloranthan cults -- Zorak Zoran and Humakt both are Combat but have radically different approaches.

I suppose I do not worry as much about these sorts of details and concentrate more on feuds, relationsips and you-have-how-many-followers?!?!?!