re: starting a shaman

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:33:46 -0800

Graham

> > I know that the average animist starts with 5 one-use fetishes [p.
> > 213]. But we have a shaman character -- p. 214 gives him a fetch but
> > no other spirits. Am I missing something?

>That's what the rules do say. We just allowed shaman to have a line in
>there write-up along the lines of "He has captured many of his tribes
>sprits" to give him a double load of sprits. Other special sprits and
>integrated sprits can be mentioned in the write-up as normal. He should
>end up with least a dozen sprits he can use this way.

Anyone can add special spirits this way; requiring a shaman to do this makes him a lot less well-rounded than the other characters.

> > Surely he'd have fetishes,
> > probably useable more often.

>There are no guidelines in the book. The suggestion I like best from the
>list is basically the more often you can use a sprit the less powerful
>it is so:-
>17 1 per day
>15 3 per day
>13 Integrated
>No shaman worth his salt would bother keeping a normal 1 use sprit for
>himself.

This is on the assumption that the shaman's fetishes would be more powerful than a tribesman's? The problem here is that the default value for writing down any spirit is 13.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein