Re: re: starting a shaman

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:55:55 +0000

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:33:46 -0800, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:

>>That's what the rules do say. We just allowed shaman to have a line in
>>there write-up along the lines of "He has captured many of his tribes
>>sprits" to give him a double load of sprits. Other special sprits and
>>integrated sprits can be mentioned in the write-up as normal. He should
>>end up with least a dozen sprits he can use this way.
>
>Anyone can add special spirits this way; requiring a shaman to do
>this makes him a lot less well-rounded than the other characters.

Ah, but by just saying "She's got lots of spirits", she gets 10 of the little devils, selected later. Only specials need be mentioned (like spirits from outside the Tradition).

>>There are no guidelines in the book. The suggestion I like best from the
>>list is basically the more often you can use a sprit the less powerful
>>it is so:-
>>17 1 per day
>>15 3 per day
>>13 Integrated
>>No shaman worth his salt would bother keeping a normal 1 use sprit for
>>himself.
>
>This is on the assumption that the shaman's fetishes would be more
>powerful than a tribesman's? The problem here is that the default
>value for writing down any spirit is 13.

Again, you're talking listed specific spirits, this rule applies to the 5 'basic' spirits an Animist gets. When a Shaman picks his spirits, he need not pick Might 17 one-use spirits, he can use the above rule.

Wulf