Re: HHHHHeros

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:57:10 -0800

> << Yelm Imperator (or something similar), rather than Yelm-the-great-God.
So,
> no cap on abilities. Plus they are semi-divine and thus out of the scale
of
> the starting character - they are Capital-H Heroes at the very least.
> >>

> I am disappointed by this statement. I thought these rules were scaleable,
> YOU TOO can be a Hero with a capital H and an underlined movement factor.

Absolutely, You too, can be a Capital-H Hero, or even a Capital-S Superhero with an infinity symbol, an underline, and two exclamation points. What makes the Emperor different is the "Semi-Divine" adjective. He doesn't have the same limitations as a "mere" mortal (he does, however, have limitations and problems that "mere mortals" are happy not to have!).

You also missed the "starting character" in the quote above. A "Starting character" is considered on of those 5w/1w/17/13 types. You *can* have a character who transcends "mere mortality", but the road is long and extremely difficult. Harrek is such a character, who doesn't have a God for a Daddy (or Mommy) - he gets there on sheer guts and brawn (killing and skinning a God takes a h**l of a lot of Guts and Brawn!).

If your Narrator wants to run an Open, High Power w3 saga, feel free to discard such "mundane" limitations like a w2 cap on affinities and make your character an Altinae/Minotaur Disciple of Humakt.

RR